Stories are undoubtedly a successful feature on Instagram, made for sharing what's happening in our lives anywhere, and anytime. Around 500 million people use Instagram stories every day.
These can be made even more interesting with music.
This article will teach you how to integrate music in your future story uploads.
Both photos and videos uploaded on the story will automatically disappear after 24 hours.
Note that the maximum video-length of a story uload is 15-seconds.
To make these seconds more exciting, Instagram has introduced a new function: adding music to the story.
This is a rather revolutionary change since, by now, anyone who wanted to add music to their story had to play a song on their mobile phone while recording their story video.
A recent Info Center update from Instagram announced that users can now add music to the story via the app itself - either after the video has been recorded or before.
At the moment, iOS and Android users in selected countries can enjoy the new music function. Once you've added music to your story, don't forget to make sure this story gets a lot of views.
Buy Instagram story views, make them go viral today!
Adding Music To An Already-Made Story
If you already have a video that you want to upload, you can add music to it as follows:
Under the sticker list, which contains, for example, location, hashtag, and time, you will now find a "music" sticker.
This sticker opens a selection of numerous songs, which, according to Instagram, grow daily.
After the user has decided on a title, he can scroll through the song and select the appropriate section for his video.
A sticker will appear on the video containing the song title and the artist's name.
Once this has been placed, the finished story can be posted.
Creating A New Instagram Story With Music
The process of adding music is the same on Android and iOS and is rather easy.
1. Open the Instagram app and go to camera mode. Here you can take a picture or video or select one from the gallery.
2. Now you can add all possible stickers by tapping the sticker icon in the top right corner.
3. Select the music sticker. Then a catalog appears, in which you can search for specific songs through the search field. There are also the tabs "Popular," "Mood," and "Genre," in which you can also browse for suitable tracks.
4. By tapping on the appropriate song, you add it to the Instagram story.
5. You can now search for the desired part of the song you want to implement in your story. You can also specify the length of the song segment, but sadly enough, the maximum here is 15 seconds.
6. Recently, a lyrics function has been added, in which the lyrics are displayed as an overlay.If you want to set a different font for the texts or hide the lyrics entirely, you can switch back and forth between the different modes by briefly tapping the lyrics.
7. Click on "Done" to complete the process.
If you want to select a song before recording a video, you can do this right after opening the story function. Here the user is offered various recording options: normal, boomerang, hands-free, etc. Now you could find the recent music addition there too.